- to be a professional body representing the interests of chaplains in
- to promote and maintain high standards of chaplaincy according to the ‘Healthcare Chaplains Code of Conduct’.
- to facilitate support and fellowship for chaplains.
- to promote training and educational opportunities for chaplains.
- to promote theological reflection and research in spiritual care.
- to establish and develop good working relationships with faith communities and other organisations concerned with the promotion of healthcare.